Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to our student’s frequently asked questions.
Why should I choose Elite Driving Education?
What are the style of lessons?
How long does a lesson go for?
Do you have package deals?
What do I have to bring on my first lesson?
Your learner’s licence and and logbook/phone app.
Do you have gift vouchers?
Are your instructor’s accredited?
Where will you be teaching?
We offer professional driving lessons to country students in the rural sector. We offer lessons in Biloela, Gayndah, Eidsvold, Mundubbera and Monto.
Is your car Dual Controlled?
How much are lessons with Elite Driving Education?
How do I book my lesson?
How can I pay for my lesson?
Can I be picked up and dropped off at different locations?
Do you have a manual or automatic car?
How many lessons will I need to learn to drive?
This depends on the individual, as every student has different abilities, needs and levels of experiences, different opportunities to practice and learn at different rates.
Please keep in mind that you can never have too many lessons as the more professional training you have then the safer you will become prior to going solo.
For 17 years old to 24 years old, you are required to do a minimum of 100hrs but none of these need to be with an instructor. The first 10hrs with an instructor equates to 30hrs in your log book.
What are the hours I can take driving lessons?
What insurance and standards do you have to ensure the safety of my child in case of an accident in a Driver Trainers car?
- The vehicle has at least 5 star safety rating (which means ABS brakes and air bags)
- The vehicle is regularly serviced by reputable mechanics to ensure that the vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition
- The vehicle is kept clean
- Checks are undertaken by the instructor to check lights, tyres and glass
- The vehicle is comprehensively insured with reputable insurance companies.
When will I be ready to go for the practical test?
Can I sit my driving test in your driving school car?
What are the requirements to pass the test?
- You must make good decisions on your own
- Be able to operate the vehicle effectively
- Have good hazard perception and observation skills
- Have a good road and driving attitude
How do we look after you on test day?
We recommend doing a test package with us. This includes:
- We pick you up
- Conduct 1hr lesson covering the possible manoeuvres in the test
- Straight to test
- Use of the car on test run
- Can stay with you and offer assistance while getting your P Plates, if successful
- Drop back home or any other location
General Driving Information
Handy information to know.
What do I do when I see sirens of emergency vehicles?
- Stay Calm
- Move left to give the vehicle a clear run down the middle of the road. If you can’t move safely, stay where you are and let the emergency vehicle overtake you
- Do not move your vehicle suddenly, give clear warning
- Do not drive into the path of the emergency vehicle
- You may drive onto the wrong side of the road or drive through a red traffic light to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle only if it is safe to do so.
How do I react if I get pulled over by the Police?
- Stay calm
- What you do and say can have a huge impact on the outcome
- Pull over to the left, indicating, into a safe spot as soon as possible
- It could be a random breath test along with licence and vehicle check
- Most of the time it is just a simple infringement that can be easily handled and hopefully end with a warning
- Once pulled over, unless it is obviously a police officer (in uniform and police car) crack the window ¼ of the way and once its identity of the police officer has been established by ID, then open the window all the way
- Remember to breath and stay calm
- Listen and do as the officer asks. You are obligated to state your name and address, if asked and hand over your licence if requested. Follow the police officers directions and instructions
- When leaving this area, check your blind spot, indicate and use all of your mirrors and when safe to do so, pull out and back into the flow of traffic
A Driving Lesson Gift Voucher is the perfect gift for the learner driver.
Buy a driving lesson gift voucher online and we will deliver the voucher instantly via email to you or the gift recipient. Gift vouchers can be used in either manual or automatic cars.
Give a gift of SAFETY.